Anxious Minds Privacy Notice
Effective Date: January 01, 2018
This Notice provides information about data we collect, use and share and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a respectful fashion.
Anxious Minds Privacy Notice. We at Anxious Minds and our affiliates with whom you have a business relationship (“Anxious Minds”, “we”, “us”) care deeply about privacy, security, and online safety, all of which are a significant part of our essential mission: to protect users of our products and services (“you”, “your”) from the risks of theft, disruption, and unauthorised access to their online information and activities. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use and share your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we obtain from individuals through our websites, products, services, and web-based applications (collectively, the “Services"). Also, some of our products and services, such as our mobile applications (“Apps”), are subject to a separate privacy notice. If a separate privacy notice applies to a particular product or service, for example, such as our Mobile App Privacy Statement, we will post it on our website (our “Site”).
When you access or use our Services, you acknowledge that you have read this Notice and understand its contents. Your use of our Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our License Agreement (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes).
As Anxious Minds grows, our business changes, and we may update this Notice, or other privacy notices that we establish for individual products, at any time as we deem appropriate to reflect those changes. Where the changes are material, we will post them here in advance and, if the changes are likely to affect you personally, we will also attempt to contact you directly (such as via email if we have your email address). It is important that you check back from time to time and make sure that you have reviewed the most current version of this Notice.
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
We rely on a wide variety of information to run our charity. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify a particular individual, otherwise referred to as Personal Information. In this Notice, we will provide multiple examples of how Personal Information we collect may be used and why it is essential. For example, when a consumer purchases one of our products we must collect their name, email address, and payment information to complete the transaction. Some of the reasons that we collect Personal Information include to:
• Provide our products and services including our Apps and this Site and improve them over time;
• Allow you to download and purchase products and services;
• Personalise and manage our relationship with you, including introducing you to products or services that may be of interest to you or to provide customer support;
• Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries or events;
• Work with and respond to law and regulators, and Research matters relating to our business such as security threats and vulnerabilities.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The following are examples of the type of Personal Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services used:
• Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
• Account login credentials;
• Your location;
• Your interests;
• Demographic information;
• Photographs, images, video, and related hash values; or
• Biometric data such as fingerprints or voice recordings.
In addition to the above, we may also collect other information related to user interactions with or use of our Services (“Usage Data”). Much of this Usage Data, for example, clickstream data and aggregate usage statistics – is generally not personally identifying. On the other hand, some of this Usage Data either alone or when combined or linked with your Personal Information may allow your identity to be discovered. In such cases, we treat the combined data as Personal Information. In many cases, Usage Data is gathered automatically by systems or technology such as cookies (see more information about Information Collected Automatically below).
The following are examples of the type of Usage Data that may be collected by Anxious Minds from your web browser or related to your interactions with our products and services:
• Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks (including IP
address, browser characteristics, device ID, operating system, and language preferences);
• Activities on our websites and usage patterns of products and services (including referring URLs, dates and times of website visits, and clickstream data);
• Details about Internet, App, or network usage (including URLs or domain names of
websites you visit, information about applications that attempt to access your
network, or traffic data);
• Data about files and communications, such as potential malware or spam (which may include computer files, emails and attachments, email addresses, metadata, and traffic data, or portions or hashes -- a hash file is a file that has been converted into a numerical string by a mathematical algorithm -- of any of this information).
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Services and, in some cases, from third parties.
Information That You Give Us: Typically the information we collect directly from you are your contact details, payment or billing data, and relationship information like the content of customer service requests that you initiate, reviews you submit on our products or responses to surveys. You decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing required information may limit your ability to engage in certain activities, such as payment information required to complete a purchase.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use or interact with our Site and Services, we receive and store information generated by your activity, like Usage Data, and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. This information may include your IP address; browser type and version; preferred language; geographic location using IP address or the GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology on your device; operating system and computer platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time; products you viewed or searched for and areas of our Site that you visited. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit and purchase or use the Services. We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information about the cookies and other similar technologies that we use.
Information From Other Sources: If we receive any information about you from other sources, we may add it to the information we already have about you. For example, if we receive a list of subscribers to a publication and we note that you are a user of our products and also a subscriber, we may combine that information. Examples of information we may receive from other sources include updated delivery or payment information which we use to correct our records, purchase or redemption information, customer support or enrollment information, page view, search term and search result information from business partners, and credit or identity information which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
Every time you turn on a device, connect to a network or open a file, you are exposed to significant risk from hackers, malware, spyware, and other forms of unauthorised access to your data and systems. Security products and services, such as Anxious Minds are designed to help protect you from these risks.
Security and Threat Detection. By collecting and processing data, including Personal Information, Anxious Minds can help to predict threats, and better protect you, your devices, and your information. For example, Anxious Minds may use your information to:
• Analyse data sent to/from your device(s) to isolate and identify threats, vulnerabilities,
suspicious activity, and attacks;
• Assess the reputation of a device or file to advise you on whether access should be granted;
• Participate in threat intelligence networks and conduct research and analysis, including market and consumer research and trend analysis; and
• Adapt products and services to respond to new threats.
Business Uses. Also, we may use Personal Information for other business purposes, including to:
• Analyse users’ behaviour when using Anxious Minds products and services to customise
• Establish and manage Anxious Minds accounts;
• Collect and process payments and complete transactions;
• Provide customer support, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests,
questions, and comments;
• Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs,
surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions;
• Enable posting on our blogs and other communications;
• Customize, measure, and improve our websites, products, services, and
• Analyse and develop new products, services, and sites;
• Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
• Prevent detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or
actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behaviour, and criminal activity;
• Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and
policies; and perform other activities consistent with this Notice.
Processing as Part of the Services. We also process certain information as an integral part of our Services. If you inside one of our products or services, the software will operate in the background of your computer system or device environment to perform specific security and privacy tasks including:
• SPAM protection;
• Virus protection;
• Intrusion detection, prevention, and protection;
• Threat prevention and prediction;
• Network defence;
• Data encryption;
• Mobile device lockdown; and
• Back-up and recovery activities.
Product Updating and Reporting. Our products and services may also process certain data to provide updates and reports. These update functions may check your system to see whether files relating to the services need to be refreshed or modernised. For example, products and services may transmit report files to Anxious Minds. These files contain information, including the number of checked, suspicious, infected, or unwanted files or emails, the number of infections, the date and hash values of the detected infections, and the number of false negatives/false positives. The purpose of these reports is to analyse the frequency of particular infections or the prevalence of threats. Anxious Minds also uses the information to adapt the product to conform to user preferences based on actual use.
Supporting Free Products and Services
We continually make a variety of free products available to our customers. In order to keep these products free, we may use information collected through some of our products, such as information about websites you visit, to support interest-based advertising by our partners or us. We do this by sharing information with trusted third parties about your browser and web browsing activity that does not identify you personally. These companies are not permitted to use the information we provide to them to identify you and are required to use the information we provide only in accordance with our privacy commitments to you. Our products that use data in this way also include built-in features allowing you to opt out of this sharing.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
• Current and future members of the Anxious Minds family of companies for the purposes described in this Notice, such as to: (i) provide services and content (e.g., registration, sales, and customer support); (ii) help detect and prevent illegal acts and violations of our policies; and (iii) guide our decisions about our products, services, and communications;
• Other users were integral to a particular Services where you have chosen to share such information, or where you have posted user content (e.g., comments and reviews, social media posts, photos or locations to groups you create);
• Authorised service providers who perform services for us (including cloud services, data storage, sales, marketing, investigations, payment processing, customer support, and bill collection). Our contracts with our service providers include commitments that they agree to limit their use of Personal Information and to comply with privacy and security standards at least as stringent as the terms of this Privacy Notice. Remember that if you provide Personal Information directly to a third party, such as through a link on McAfee’s website, the processing is typically based on their standards (which may not be the same as Anxious Minds);
• If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk.
• To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigating suspected illicit activity (including identifying those who use our services for illegal activities). We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies activities that we in good faith believe to be illegal.
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use such Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this Notice).
• In order to provide marketing and advertising content about our products, or other products which may interest you, we may share your Usage Data, as well as anonymized information with third party ad networks, social media partners and similar providers. A more detailed discussion of our relationship with third-party advertisers is set forth below under the heading "Third-Party Advertising".
• With others only after obtaining your consent. If we want to share Personal Information other than as permitted or described above, we will provide you with a choice to opt into such sharing, and you may choose to instruct us not to share the information.
Your Privacy Rights
Anxious Minds does not share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
If you have provided our Apps with access to your location, our mobile advertising partners may use your location to target advertisements to you. You can use the location features on your device to disable this targeting.
Do Not Track Disclosure: Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
What Security Measures Do We Have?
We use administrative, organisational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect them
Personal Information we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain an
appropriate level of data confidentiality, integrity, and availability. We regularly test our
website, data centres, systems, and other assets for security vulnerabilities.
Anxious Minds handles payment card data in a manner consistent with the Payment Card Industry
Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). For example, when you make a payment on our website
using your credit card, we use SSL encryption for transmission of the credit card number.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with our users and what Personal
Information we obtain about them. Many Anxious Minds products allow users to make choices about the Personal Information collected.
• You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on
the unsubscribe link or other instructions in our marketing emails, visiting the
My Account section on our website, or contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
• Many Anxious Minds products contain settings that allow users or administrators to
control how the products collect information. Please refer to the relevant
product manual or contact us through the appropriate technical support channel
• To remove your Personal Information from an Anxious Minds website testimonial, please
contact customer service.
• If you chose to no longer receive marketing information, Anxious Minds might still communicate with
you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service
requests, or other transactional, non-marketing/administrative related purposes.
How you can access and correct inaccuracies
If you subscribe to Anxious Minds products, you can access and correct the Personal Information in your profile by visiting My Account. Alternatively, you may request access or changes to, or removal of, your Personal Information by applicable laws by contacting us as indicated below. For some requests, an administrative fee may be charged (where permitted by law). We will advise you of any applicable fee before performing your request.
The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. Anxious Minds will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or for as long as we have another business purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law, or Anxious Minds Records Retention Policy, reasonably necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, or to provide you with feedback or information you might request.
Some of Anxious Minds Services provide security features that may be used to monitor children’s activity online, physical location or when they are using a registered device. Anxious Minds does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without first obtaining parental consent in accordance with applicable laws like the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the UK and similar laws around the world. For products that may be used with children, there are options for parents or legal guardians to delete their child’s profile at any time and at the parent or guardian’s option. We do not knowingly use Personal Information from children for any purpose except to deliver the products that are designed to offer family related or child-related protection Services. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us using the Contact Us details below, and we will promptly respond.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Anxious Minds. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with Anxious Minds.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or would like to update
information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com.